Saturday 15 September 2018

Dainty Little Hummingbird


On a pleasant evening, I was enjoying the evening air in the company of my flowers when I suddenly noticed a very small bird buzzing over. It was fluttering it’s wings fast and moving deftly between the flowers. I went to take a closer look and immediately noticed the unique, long beak. It was a HUMMINGBIRD! I’ve read about this bird as a child but I’ve never seen one live in such close quarters. It was magical, watching such a small bird flying around trying to find nectar from the flowers. Since then, I wait for the Hummingbird everday and I should say I got pretty lucky this week when it visited my patio more than once. But as it is getting colder the irds will start migrating soon. I’ll wait with this painting until next spring to catch a glimpse of the hummingbird again. Nature is the best inspiration for us to create!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!