Saturday 29 September 2018

Victory Violets!


Color knitting has been on my to-do list for a while now. I’ve worked on simple color changes earlier  like the one in beanie. But I did not know the techniques for complex patterns or for reading knitting charts. After a lot of research I stumbled upon a book from my local library with beautiful patterns. It took me a lot of time and effort to understand the charts and figure out how to actually bring about those designs in knitting. It wasn’t my first time just with color knitting; I also had to figure out the stitching part for the lining and zipper. I managed to do that with the basic hand stitching knowledge that I had. After a lot of trials and errors, here I am finally with a wonderful violet purse completed with a soft and sparkly yarn from Caron which I think would go well with my silk saree also. I just realised that my first ever knitting project was also in a similar shade. Violets bring me victory, probably! Now that I have a scarf, a beanie and a purse in this shade I am planning to make something new with the fluffy balls of yarn that you can see in the picture. Aren’t they cute?


Yarn Used: Caron Simply Soft Party Yarn – Purple
Knitting needle size – US 6



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!