Saturday 23 March 2019

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way


And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating good from bad as I wanted to connect this skill back to my traditional designs. The back side of the purse has a simple flower pattern. I wondered a month ago, if I could create a whole new design graph on my own and transfer them to knitting and now here I stand with the finished product that I am so proud of!

Time for a little background about my knitted Purse series. The fascination for knitted purses came from a novel  I read last year – The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. I tried my first knitted purse as soon as I finished the book. Now as an addition to that, I designed a full range of knitted purses and learnt a new technique for each one that I made. It was not an easy process, I admit. I spent hours experimenting to get the right pattern and size. Sometimes the stitches wouldn’t come out as I’d anticipated or the size would be different. At the end of this exercise, I’ve learnt to knit slip stitch patterns, read charts, knit stranding patterns and design my own charts for future projects. It’s been such an incredible journey of learning and experimenting for me. And thank you all for cheering me on all the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!