Tuesday 8 May 2018

Knit Neckwarmer

I completed this pink cowl neck warmer  last week, but I wanted to wait till I gifted this surprise before sharing it with you all here. It's a perfect gift for any pink lover and I am happy I found those pretty little flower buttons to go with it. This cowl is proof enough to show that my love for the stockinette stitch hasn't decreased one bit. I adore the simplicity and thin texture of this stitch. I used a pretty thin yarn for this making it good for the spring and fall seasons. I've also included the pattern details in this post for those of you who wish to try this out. Its a very easy pattern if you know just to knit and purl. So hectic were the days after I started this work, that I ended up knitting this in my flight on the way home to complete it on time to gift it. 



Knitting Needle Size: US 6
Pattern:
Cast On 30
Work in Garter stitch for the first 4 rows.
5th row: K4, Purl 22, K4
6th row: Knit all stitches
Repeat Rows 5 and 6 till you reach 1 inch short of the desired length.
I used a couple of yarn overs to create a buttonhole.Work the last 4 rows in Garter stitch and cast off.
Attach the buttons and sew in ends. And there is your pretty neck warmer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!