Saturday 5 January 2019

Blue Waves


My latest fad is colour knitting – bound to happen for a person who loves colours. I’ve changed colours in earlier projects but this new technique is totally awesome. It lets me create a variety of designs and textures, play with the colour palettes to create vibrant products according to my taste and needs.  The pattern for this purse was done using a slip stitch technique. It is very easy to knit and the finished look is fantastic. It is infact deceiving to the eyes since when worked in stripes, the row knit with a single colour of yarn has the presence of a second colour due to the slip stitch making it a classy pattern. This purse though worked in the horizontal rows has vertical stripes giving it a stranding effect. The illusions that can be created by this technique are many. I am planning to share my full set of knitted purses with you all in the coming weeks. So stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!