Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Basket Weave Scarf

Originally knitted for a friend, I fell in love with the texture of the scarf and gifted it to myself (Trust me, it is so lovely). When I was looking for scarf models, I chanced upon this repeat stitch pattern and really liked the finished look. As the basket weave stitch kept growing, I noticed the tight knit stiff woven feel of the scarf that really helps in keeping you warm in the windy days. And a bonus for this pattern is though it is not a reversible pattern both sides look equally good. So you can get two different looks with the same scarf. As I was nearing the end of this scarf the temperatures began to drop and we had a couple of heavy snow showers. You all know what that is...'A sign from the Universe' to give me a new scarf !! If you just know to knit and purl, you can knit one for yourself too! If you do not, drop in a comment and I will help you with it :)

Knitted scarf




Yarn Used : Bernat Burgundy
Knitting needles : US 10

2 comments:

  1. Good work.. Ever since i saw your works in fb am interested in knitting. If possible pls help me to start with basic.. Am lawshya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Glad I inspired you to try knitting!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!