Wednesday 21 February 2018

Pattern Fun

This is the second and final set of patterns from my daily painting challenge. Although I started it with the intention of getting into the habit of painting regularly, I am surprised at how much this process has taught me. I’ve had plenty of room to explore ideas and try variations of patterns and techniques. The first picture illustrates a lot of fancy rainbows, fluffy clouds, rain drops and tall skyscrapers. They helped the transition from structured geometric patterns to free flowing ones. The second picture is the result of reaching a point where I tried to paint anything that I set my eyes on – houseplants, tea cups and a lot of chocolates and ice cream. They are normal everyday objects at home that transformed into fun patterns. They are organic patterns aimed not at being perfect but at being able to give me the freedom to design them the way I liked. After all, there is no right or wrong in art!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!