Friday 16 February 2018

Painting Patterns!

When I decided to start painting this year, I took up a daily painting challenge - A simple pattern painted in a few minutes every day. It was a very good learning experience, helping me practice with various shapes, color values, brush strokes with different brushes and acrylic paints. Looking forward to a new pattern everyday was truly fun! Structured patterns and free flowing ones were equally enjoyable. Lots of bright botanicals, fun veggies, structured doodles, geometric shapes and common daily use objects were used in the designs. I learnt many new pattern terminologies and it was inspirational to see the most basic shapes come together to form a beautiful pattern. This is the first set of colorful patterns from the series. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!