Friday 23 March 2018

Cozy Cardinals

I guess this is how the cardinals will look outside my house right now, comfy in their scarves chit chatting on a pine tree on a cloudy winter day. They brighten the cold and gloomy days with their color and whistles. I got this small Cardinal sculpture from a run-down shop in the middle of nowhere on a trip to Virginia and I thought it looked pretty with the painting. I kept looking at it for a while and realized the doll did not have a scarf. So I immediately looked through my scrap yarns and found a perfect green one to match. I knit a small scarf for the birdie and as it was a bright day I went outside to click a picture of the bird in its natural habitat. And that’s the story of the how the cardinal got its scarf! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!