Thursday 29 March 2018

Spring Fun Sling Bag


I think spring is the best time to have flowery stuff around you. My plants are just sprouting and it’s going to be awhile before they grow big enough to bloom flowers. So until then I thought of adding more colors to my life through these appliques - crocheted flowers on my bag. I like the feel of the moss stitch the bag is made up of. It is very easy to crochet this bag – you just need to make the front and back portions separately and seam it with the straps. It works up very fast too! I used rows of single crochet stitches for the straps and the entire body is made of moss stitch. I changed the set up rows for the stitch based on my requirements. I've added the pattern notes for the stitch at the end of this post if you're curious to try. I'd suggest trying a small square piece to see if you like a pattern before trying it on your actual work. 




Crochet Hook used: US I/9
Yarn: Any medium worsted weight 
Moss stitch pattern:
* Chain an even number of stitches
* SC in the 2nd stitch, *CH1, SC in the next Ch-space* Repeat the pattern till you reach the desired length.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my work!

Flora & Fauna - The Traditional Way

And that’s a wrap for my line of knitted purses. I’ve used the motif of a traditional Indian bird – Annam, which is known for separating ...

All time Favourites!